Summer BBQs just aren’t complete without a burger in hand, or both hands in this case because we aren’t talking about just any plain burger, we’re talking about an epically stacked burger that may have you question if you’re stacking to eat or stacking to win a game of Jenga! This burger recipe is inspired by Brazilian cuisine and uses The Spice Affair’s Braillizan BBQ Seasoning (#sponsored) for both the sauce and burger patties. From the BBQ seasoning to the sweet grilled pineapple, caramelized onions and Emmental cheese, this burger has something for everyone! Customize, have fun and get creative with this recipe!
Save 15% off your A Spice Affair order with code: Christine15
A Spice Affair Brazilian BBQ Seasoning
A spice affair is a Montreal based spice brand featuring exotic blends to make your dishes pop with flavour. They make their spices in a HAACP certified facility and all their blends are Clean, Natural, Vegan, Non-GMO, Nut and Peanut-free, MSG-free, filler and preservative-free.
The Brazilian BBQ seasoning adds a bright and colourful flavour to this Burger. With orange peel, smoked paprika, cumin and parsley blended into this mix, it is exactly what Brazil is today – a beautiful melting pot of cultures, cuisines and flavours.
Store in air tight container at room temperature for up to four days. Keep ingredients separated.
Brazilian Inspired Stacked Burger
This burger recipe is inspired by Brazilian cuisine and uses The Spice Affair’s Braillizan BBQ Seasoning for both the sauce and burger patties. From the BBQ seasoning to the sweet grilled pineapple, caramelized onions and Emmental cheese, this burger has something for everyone!
Recipe makes 2 double stacked burgers. To make 4 single patty burgers, double the stacking ingredients.
For the Burger
1.5 lbs lean ground beef
1/3 cup parsley, chopped
1 small red onion, grated
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
For the Mayo
1 cup Mayo
For the Stacking
Texas style or Brioche hamburger buns
4 pieces of Boston lettuce leaves
1/4 cup caramelized onions
2-4 pieces Emmental Cheese
4-6 pieces crispy bacon
2 pineapple slices
1/2 white onion, sliced
For the Burger:
- Combine all ingredients for the burger and mix well. Add extra breadcrumbs and seasoning as needed to reach your preferred texture/consistency.
- Split into four equal parts to make the patties.
- Cook patties on BBQ for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
For the Mayo:
- Combine mayo with seasoning and mix well. Set aside.
For the Stacking
- On the BBQ, grill pineapple slices and white onion slices for 4-5 minutes until you see grill marks. Cook bacon until desired level of crisp. Finally, toast buns if doing so (optional).
- To stack, place bottom of the bun on plate. spread a layer of seasoned mayo, add lettuce leaves, burger patty, caramelized onions, another layer of mayo, the second burger, Emmental cheese (you can add this to the burger on the grill as well to make it extra melty), add bacon, then grilled pineapple, add grilled onions, spread final layer of mayo and then top with bun.